Order Medical Records Order Medical Records Order Medical Records

Questions? Call us 714 559-3071

How do I get my medical records if my doctor moves away or retires?

There is no main repository for medical records. That means that finding medical records when your doctor moves away or retires can be difficult. In cases when your doctor moves away or retires, the doctor might have another physician “buy out” their practice. When this happens, if you are an “active” patient you will typically be notified by mail of the change and told where you can obtain copies of your medical records.

If your doctor didn’t have someone buy out the practice when they retired, you may have a harder time locating the records. Your best course of action here is to contact the Medical Board’s Consumer Information Unit to obtain the physician’s address of record associated with his license. Writing to that address might get you on the right track, but there is still a chance that you might not get ahold of them.

If you are struggling to obtain copies of your medical records and would like some help, contact Order Medical Records today for fast and affordable medical record retention!

You may also be interested in our other sites...

Datified HCC Coders Hedis Nurses EZ Copy Store Medical Records My Retired Dr Hedis Navigator Order Pet Medical Records Certified Field Agent